Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thanksgiving fun

For Thanksgiving, my younger brother and sister, Winston and Kendl, made the trek from Idaho/Utah to Reno - and then we all drove out to California to eat delicious food and share the holiday with great company! We didn't get any pictures of Thanksgiving dinner, but it was delicious... Thanks to Jodie for hosting!

Thanksgiving night we drove to Kadie's in Gilroy so we could do some after Thanksgiving shopping at the Outlets. We decided to get out the door at 3:00am to go try to get a TV at Target... at which our efforts failed because not very many people in front of us got the last TV tickets. It made for a tiring day, getting up that early, and I do have to say I probably wouldn't do that again unless there was something I absolutely needed and couldn't do without - then I would just stay up all night and leave a little earlier. Oh well, now we can say we did it, right Kadie?!

The boys decided sleep sounded better and went golfing later that day. Winston showed his skill at playing the Wii and I think impressed Kadie's boys... now I think I might need to increase my nintendo skills so they will like me just as much :) They had fun playing with Winston and I think he now has an open invitation to travel to California with me anytime we go!

We decided to give Kendl and Winston a tour of California since neither of them had been before. We made it to 17 mile drive where we took these pictures:








































It was pretty windy, so the waves were awesome that day!
Of course, we had to make a stop at the 18th hole at Pebble Beach:

Here is Duke looking on at two golfers approaching the green... one day you can be playing Duke while on-lookers watch your approach :)









Me and Kendl at Pebble Beach









After 17 mile drive, we gave them a VERY abbreviated tour of San Francisco before the sun completely set:

Including a stop to look at the Golden Gate



















After making the rounds we stopped at this place:










And ate these:









Need I say more? Except, I could use another one of these tacos soon - good thing we don't live close to this place!

To end the great day, we went to the Oakland Temple to see the Christmas lights:





































It was beautiful! We had a great Thanksgiving - Thanks Winston and Kendl for coming to see us!

1 comment:

Kadie said...

I think your right, the boys still ask when Whinston and Kendl are coming back for a visit. Just to set the record straight though, they love Morghan just as much, if not more! We're so glad you came, that really was a fun weekend! And yes, now we can say we're crazy Black Friday Shoppers!