Saturday, January 2, 2010

A restaurant that you should not visit in Reno!

The Pirate Ship

We were invited to a birthday dinner where we ate at The Pirate Ship. If you know me well enough, you know that I'm not all about visiting 'hole in the wall' restaurants... unless they have been visited by someone else we know first and recommended. And, even after a recommendation, I'm still hesitant.

No one in our group had been to this restaurant before...

The first sign that it might not be great was that our group was the only group there, on a Friday night at 7pm... primetime dinner hours. But, nonetheless, I stayed and toughed it out. (when we left the owners said... "we usually have a big crowd, I'm not sure where everyone is!"

There was rain literally leaking through the roof.

The silverware was cheap and I felt gross eating off of it (not that silverware needs to be expensive - but when it gets to a point that it's clean (supposedly) and it still looks dirty, it's time for new silverware)

In case you didn't already guess by the name, it is a pirate themed restaurant, so everything on the menu was 'piraty' - and, the server who happened to be the owner, spoke "pirate language" as you ordered.

The food was seriously bad and it was way over priced (I'm guessing to make up from the lack of visitors).

To end the night, they had us complete a survey about what we liked/disliked about the restaurant and food... I made Duke complete it because I wouldn't have had anything good to say about it!

BUT, we managed to have a good time with good conversation. And, we came out with a couple fun pictures:



















No comments: