Saturday, January 23, 2010

Las Vegas trip

The annual pharmacy conference happens in December and this year it happened to be in Vegas. Since Duke's travels were paid for, it was more than easy for me to decide that I should come too :) . In spite of all the filth in Vegas, we managed to have fun hanging out with our good friends Brandon and Alison. A few pics documenting our fun:

What is a Vegas trip without the fantastic display at the Bellagio?










Duke and Brandon giving their 'Oceans Eleven' pose













Me and Alison













Me and Duke with the Eiffel Tower in the background (the hotel we stayed at)

























We had decided that we would go see a show while in Vegas and we decided to go see Le Reve. I very highly recommend this show if you get the opportunity to see it. It was absolutely amazing! Acrobatic, diving from crazy heights into the water, entertaining... just amazing! Here's a few pics with the set in the background:








































At the new Civic Center mall in Vegas, the architecture was absolutely amazing. Not to mention they had crazy stores that had ridiculously priced clothing. I'm pretty sure Alison and I touched some shirts, dresses and pillows (yes pillows) that cost thousands of dollars (i'm pretty sure I remember $10,000 being on a price tag). And yes, the thought crossed my mind that it would be fun to try something on that cost that much, but I just decided it would be best to look and touch since they probably cost more than anything I currently own :)

Here's a few pics of some of the stairs... I think they are rocks or shells with lights in the background? Whatever they are, they were pretty cool:



















Alison and I visited the mall while the guys were busy at the conference and then I decided to take Duke back to show him how cool it was:










There was a cool display in the Bellagio? I think? Every part of the display was made with flowers - pretty cool:


































There were also reindeer in the display, but somehow they didn't get a picture made.

We had a great time with Brandon and Alison, it was great to see you guys! I'm pretty sure we don't need another Vegas trip anytime soon, unless it's for me to see Garth Brooks in concert... which fingers crossed I will come across tickets somehow in the next 5 years that he performs there :)

No comments: