Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The joys of being pregnant...

As we've done a lot of traveling over the past couple of months (see previous post), I've had the pleasure of being pregnant and sick while on the road... these are the places that I've "left my mark" either on the side of the road or at someone's house... (I know, you don't really want to know this stuff, but it does kind of get humorous the number of times we had to pull over!) And, every time it wasn't at a house or restaurant, yes, it was on the side of the road...

- Bountiful Utah on-ramp to I-15
- Interstate I-15 (on the way to Vegas)
- Mexican Restaurant in Vegas
- the Zollinger's house 1st visit (a few times)
- parking lot of Costco Gas station in Reno
- Vasco Road off ramp (where I had the pleasure of the California State police pulling up behind us, walking up to my side of the car and asks "is everything okay?" as he sees me puking... to which he responds, "do I need to call an ambulance?" LOL - NO! I'm just pregnant and sick!
- the Fallow's house 1st visit
- I-680 on the way to the airport. Mind you, Duke had to cross 4 lanes of traffic during rush hour, pull over, to where we had the pleasure AGAIN of having the California State police pull over to check on us... I think I'm setting a record here!
- the Crockett's house (my parents) in Arkansas
- the Little Rock airport
- Vasco road again, in CA
- Lone Tree road in Brentwood - twice
- the Fallow's house 2nd visit
- the Zollinger's house 2nd visit
- the Harmans
- Visalia, CA side of the road (a few times)

Seriously?! Duke has gotten very good at pulling over very quickly so we don't have a mess in the car! I finally got some medication to help keep this under control... I'm not sure why I waited so long!!

(Thanks for humoring this post, I just needed to get it down for journaling :) )

4 comments:

kdguice said...

hey, that's pretty impressive! haha! i only remember one time puking on the side of the road... i had a craving for chocolate milk so i got some at a gas station and chugged it down, and it ended up being a BAD idea about 20 minutes later! other than that, all my puking was done at trio's where i worked. it's about 90,000 times worse when you have to puke in a public restroom, isn't it!! well, i'm so happy for you (for what the puking means, not the puking- ahhaha!) you're going to be such a fun, cool, loving, understanding, hilarious mom!!! i can't wait to find out if you'll be buying pink or blue!

Scott said...

Wow, that seriously is a record. And, I love love love how you announced you were pregnant to your family. What a smart way to capture it all. :)

Suzanne said...

I FEEL YOU!!!! Hopefully it wont last too long for you.

Unknown said...

Morghan!!! I'm so sorry but congrats and I have to agree that your announcements were way cute! So sorry you're sick. I can't imagine how much worse it must be with twins!!! Hope your meds work!