Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Summer Fun

I'm playing a little catch-up on a few of the things we did this summer. The first thing, that my grandmother wouldn't be so proud of, is when the DNC was in Denver, we decided that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go downtown and see what all the talk was all about. Don't worry grandma, the only thing we did was ate dinner and walked around the main streets down town. It was pretty amazing. There were so many people - definately a great time to people watch! It still gives me the chills to remember how many police were on ever corner for blocks and blocks in a row... Here's a few pics of the fun. Brad and Carena made the adventure downtown with us!



We traveled with Brad and Carena to Glennwood Springs, Colorado. We went to an adventure park that you had to take a gondola up to. The park is so high in the mountains, you can't see it from the road.

This allowed Duke to experience riding his first mechanical bull! Don't worry, we both had bruises after riding the bull... we both made it 8 seconds, I think we're ready for the real thing!



Morghan's first rock climbing wall...


The most awesome Alpine slide ever! If you'll notice, Duke has the handles pushed all the way down, which meant we didn't use the breaks the entire time, which means I screamed and held on for tight the entire ride! They assured us the cart wouldn't come off the track, which was a good thing, since everything surrounding the track was mountainous slopes and trees!


The next day we went on a 1.5 mile hike to find a hidden lake. It was an awesome hike and the lake was so pretty! We weren't the smart hikers that took the advice of the signs that said "taking water with you is strongly advised"... but we survived!






To top off a fun summer, Carena treated me to a Carrie Underwood concert! Duke was ever so happy that he didn't have to go with me to one of these concerts!


We've had a fun summer and are looking forward to what's in store for us in the future! Duke and I will be traveling to Florida in December to attend a pharmacy conference to meet and greet with all of the places that offer pharmacy residencies. We don't know where we might end up with this new adventure, but we're excited about it!

2 comments:

JTCheneyClan said...

Man, I can remember those fantastic weekends when you could go do anything with out a care in the world.........all i can say is ENJOY IT!!!!! I can remember my first mechanical bull ride. It was on my mission. ahhaahhaha

Amy said...

wow Morghan..thanks so much for directing me to your blog. Do you care if I add you to my blog list on my blog page?